Destination weddings are growing in popularity each day! They are fun, memorable, and guests as well as the couple get to have a vacation plus a wedding. Packing for a destination wedding is different from packing for any regular vacation, because it is such a unique experience. We want to ensure that you do not forget a thing. Here is a packing list for your destination wedding.
1. Valid passport
2. Eticket/flight/transfer information
3. Medical travel insurance
4. Wedding Dress (make sure you have an appropriate bag to carry it in)
5. Wedding rings
6. Invitation(for a photo)
7. Make-up(waterproof if possible!)
8. Bridal emergency kit(safety pins, bobby pins, wipes, bandaids)
9. Wedding accessories-veil, shoes, garter
10. Undergarments-strapless bra, your skin coloured underwear
11. Wedding suit(Jacket, tie/bow tie, pants, vest)
12. Extra men’s shirts for a hot wedding day
13. Extra shoes(make sure you work in your shoes before you travel)
16. Bathing suit(Borghinvilla has a pool!)
17. Personalized items for your wedding(stationery, signage)
18. Guest or wedding party gifts
19. Final payments for vendors(what forms of payment do they accept?)
20. Wedding day(or week)Schedules for your guests(even if you have emailed one ahead of time)
21. Documents and contracts pertaining to the wedding(vendors contracts, music selections, family photo list etc)
22. A camera with empty memory card for the rest of the trip.
Photo by Merrick Cousley Photography.
About Borghinvilla: With breathtaking views of the Caribbean sea, Borghinvilla is the perfect spot for couples looking for a unique, private and personalized wedding and event venue. Located on the border of St.Ann and Trelawny Jamaica, Borghinvilla is centrally located to many of the hotels and resorts in the Montego Bay, Trelawny, Runaway Bay and Ocho Rios areas. This wedding and event venue is available year round to host celebrations, vow renewals and other special events. Boasting 2 acres of lush Jamaican flowers, plants and a stunning seaside cliff view of the Caribbean sea, this location is sure to impress! You will love our mix of North American service standards mixed with the warm, friendly service of Jamaicans.