Weddings are supposed to be a day filled with joy, but some couples neglect the most important thing to having a good wedding: being happy! We here at Borghinvilla want to ensure that your wedding day is filled with nothing but smile and laughter, so here are some tips on how to have a happy wedding.
- Hire the correct professionals. Hire professionals that are seasoned in the wedding business and are good at what they do. These professionals will show up on time, and will give you the quality services that you deserve.
- Hire a wedding planner. A wedding planner helps to take the stress off your hands, and will ensure that the wedding day runs flawlessly. They take control of all the details, and have creative ideas to fix anything that can go wrong at your wedding. Read our article on the pros and cons of a wedding planner here: https://getmarriedinjamaica.com/2017/07/25/pros-and-cons-of-hiring-a-wedding-planner/
- Invite guests that are truly happy for you. Invite guests that are as happy as you that you are getting married. This will ensure that your guests are more cooperative and will help to assist you when things go wrong. These guests will also not complain about all the minor details, and will appreciate your choice of wedding style and venue. Have your guests read our guide on how to be a good destination wedding guest: https://getmarriedinjamaica.com/2017/07/24/guide-to-being-a-good-destination-wedding-guest/
- Do not sweat the small stuff. Do not over react when minor details do not go as planned; it can ruin your whole wedding day. You have to be positive. For example, if you forget the ring pillow, you can let the ring bearer carry the ring in a box. Try to come up with creative ways of solving small problems.
- Have back up plans, and back up plans for those back up plans. For example, if you are planning to have your wedding outdoors, ensure that you have a tent in case it rains. Having these ‘just-in case plans’ can save your wedding from becoming a disaster.
- Do not stress yourself. Do not stay up all night worrying about the details of your wedding, and learn to trust the professionals that you hired. Get enough sleep the days before your wedding, and schedule some alone time for yourself, get a massage etc. This will ensure that you are a happy bride when you are ready to walk down the aisle.
- Appreciate everything about your wedding. Appreciate the vendors you hired and appreciate that your guests travelled to attend. Stop to smell the roses (literally!) . You choose the tone of your wedding so let everyone working and attending your wedding follow your lead of joy.
Photo Credit: Merrick Cousley
About Borghinvilla: With breathtaking views of the Caribbean sea, Borghinvilla is the perfect spot for couples looking for a unique, private and personalized wedding and event venue. Located on the border of St.Ann and Trelawny Jamaica, Borghinvilla is centrally located to many of the hotels and resorts in the Montego Bay, Trelawny, Runaway Bay and Ocho Rios areas. This wedding and event venue is available year round to host celebrations, vow renewals and other special events. Boasting 2 acres of lush Jamaican flowers, plants and a stunning seaside cliff view of the Caribbean sea, this location is sure to impress! You will love our mix of North American service standards mixed with the warm, friendly service of Jamaicans.